hi. my name is sulman and i have way too much free time.
so, i’m not gonna front, these things are amazing. like, oral orgasm. i followed these directions, and it came out outstanding. i had never used yeast before, so i was a bit scared going in, but it came out quite fine.
- 1 package (1/4 oz) dry yeast, or its equivalent in other yeasts
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
make it pop off
- first thing you need to do, and the most time consuming, is making the dough. dissolve the yeast in the warm milk. then, add the rest of the dough ingredients, and mix well until you get a nice dough formed. knead that dough into a ball, and put it aside for about an hour plus. it should rise, in theory.
- after taking an hour plus nap, take the ball of dough and roll it flat, and in as much of a rectangle shape as possible. the dough should not be too thick, about 1/4”. take the filling margarine, and spread it out evenly over the dough. i just used my hands; it was messy, but fun. then, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon, mix well, and sprinkle the mixture over the margarined dough.
- next, roll up the dough from the longer side. then, cut the roll into 12 equal sized rolls. in a lightly sprayed 13x9” pyrex, assemble the rolls on their sides in a 3x4 layout. throw that mess in the oven for 10 minutes at 400.
- during those 10 minutes, make the frosting. beat the margarine and cream cheese and vanilla extract and salt together until smooth and creamy. then, add the sugar in 3 additions, beating well with an electric mixer after each addition.
- remove those suckas from the oven, and smother in the frosting. eat when warm, with milk. share!
side note, the whole process took about 2 hours to do. when i was picking up the ingredients, i ran across the pillsbury easy cinnamon rolls, the ones that come in the tube that you just open and bake and bam, good to go. f that little bastard. make your own, they taste much better like this!